颐和园导游词
四年级 记叙文 4807字 822人浏览 可靠的刘晓珊

导游词:颐和园英文(仅供参考)

题一:颐和园的宫廷区(历史沿革; 东宫门; 仁寿殿; 德和园; 玉澜堂; 宜芸馆; 乐寿堂) The Summer Palace is located on the northwest of Beijing, about 20 kilometers away from the center of the city. It covers an area of over 290 hectares. The summer palace is formed mainly of longevity hill and kunming lake.

(历史)The Summer Palace was first built as an imperial garden at the beginning of 12th century in the Jin Dynasty. During Emperor Qianlong’s reign, the famous “Three Hills and Five Gardens” were built. The Summer Palace was a part of it and at that time it was called the Garden of Clear Ripples.

In 1860, the Anglo-French Allied Forces invaded Beijing. The “Three Hills and Five Gardens” were burnt down. Later, the Empress Dowager Cixi spent the navy fund in order to have the Garden of Clear Ripples () rebuilt, and then she renamed the Garden as The Summer Palace. In 1900, the Allied Forces of Eight Powers invaded Beijing. The Summer Palace was once again damaged. In 1924, the Last Emperor Puyi was driven out of the palace. After that, the Summer Palace was turned into a public park.

(东宫门)The east palace gate is the main entrance of the Summer Palace. In the old days the emperor and the empress went in through this gate. The princes and the high ranking officials used the gateways on both sides. There is a plaque with three Chinese characters on top of the gate “The Summer Palace”.Inside the Summer Palace we can see the second gate of the garden— the Gate of Benevolence and Longevity. In front of the gate, there are two stones,the stone of the monkey king is on the left, and the piggy stone on the right.

(仁寿殿)The Hall of Benevolence and Longevity was the place where Emperor Guangxu and Empress Dowager Cixi held audience and handled state affairs when they were in the Summer Palace.

In front of the hall, there are two pairs of incense burners in the shape of a dragon and a phoenix. According to the feudal system, the dragon should be put first with the phoenix

besides it. But here, we can see the phoenix is the first. Because the empress dowager cixi was in power in the qing dynasty, the dragon and phoenix incense burners were placed in that way. Inside the hall, we can see the emperor’s throne in the middle of the dais. Behind the

throne, there are two big fans on both sides; they are made of peacock feathers. Also, there is a big screen with a real sandalwood frame and glass mirror. Inlaid the mirror there are 226 Chinese characters of the word longevity.

(德和园)We are now visiting the Garden of Virtuous Harmony, where Empress Dowager Cixi enjoyed Beijing Opera performances. It mainly consists of the Dressing House, the Grand Theater Building and the Hall of Pleasure Smile.

(玉澜堂)The hall of jade ripples was built along the bank of kunming lake. In the late qing dynasty, it was emperor guangxu’s private linving quarters. But after the failure of the reform movement in 1898, emperor guangxu was under house arrest here.

(宜芸馆)On the north side of the jade ripples we can see the Chamber of Collecting Books. In Chinese we called yiyunguan. Yiyun means suitable for storing books. In the Emperor Qianlong’s reign, the purpose of the hall was for collecting books. Later it was

converted into a residence. Here used to be the residence of Guangxu’s Empress Longyu, and his favorite concubine Zhenfei.

(乐寿堂)The Hall of Happiness and Longevity was empress dowager cixi’s residence. In front of the Hall there is a huge rock placed in the middle of this courtyard named “Qing Zhi Xiu” and nicknamed as “Family Bankruptcy Rock”. This huge rock was discovered in

Fangshan District by a Ming official Mi Wanzhong. He wanted to transport it to his own garden. After spending all his money to ship it, he still could not succeed in doing this. The big rock was then left on the roadside somewhere near Liangxiang County. So it was nicknamed “Family Bankruptcy Rock”. Later Emperor Qianlong discovered it and laid it in front of the Hall of Happiness and Longevity.

The hall of Happiness and Longevity consists of 4 chambers. In the center of the hall, there is a long table. The empress dowager cixi had her meals everyday here when she was in the summer palace. A pair of porcelain plates is placed on each side of the long table for

holding fruit. The fruit was not for eating but for its fragrance. In each corner surrounding the table there are 4 incense burners shaped with 9 peaches. They are called big incense burner with nine peaches, because the peach is the symbol of longevity. The lights hanging up in the middle of the ceiling in the hall of happiness and longevity were presented by the Germans. Installed in 1903, they were one of the earliest electric lights officially used in china. The power station was installed in the courtyard of wenchang pavilion southwest of the summer palace.